Monday, July 13, 2009

5 months later...

We have just passed the 5 month mark in our engagement. I have no idea where the time went, but I am very thankful! If my math is right, we're about 1/6th of the way there.

Done:
best man
1/2 of the guest list
color scheme

Needs Done:
EVERYTHING ELSE.



...I cannot believe this is all the further we've gotten. I guess I did leave out some stuff - we do have most of our stationary. Invitations, thank you cards, programs - thank you, 50% off coupons for Michael's. Even still, we don't have all of it and I just got word that our particular style is being retired. Crap.

I'm going to blame the huge lull in activity on life itself. 3 jobs between us, bills bills bills, etc. I feel rejuvenated lately, and like we're making a lot of planning progress. We have an appointment in August to look at a local facility that shows promise. I used to think this place was an absolute winner, until I carefully examined their pictures and noticed the blue carpet...and chairs. BLUE? AHHHHHHHHH. Blue doesn't sit well with our brown and ivory (chocolate and cream? mocha and off-white?) plans. I hate to nitpick; but I need class, not clash.

Hopefully tonight we can make a master guest list, and maybe call a few more places for the reception. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, blue and brown is my FAVORITE color combination. If you tie it together right, it will look intentional...and be ADORABLE!
    (Heidi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention the accent color is light pink! I mean, that's what we have planned, but you make an awesome point! Mike originally picked blue...he'll love this.

    I'll keep you updated! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete